Terms & Conditions
Our Terms and Conditions ensure a safe and pleasurable learning environment and experience for all swimmers and parents.
The Terms and Conditions mentioned below must be read carefully by the parent/custodian.
Fees, Notice Period & Winter Swimming Policy
- We charge a term fee which is payable on or before the 3rd of the first month of the term. You may arrange in writing an option to pay the term fee in 3 (three) equal monthly instalments on or before the 3rd of each month. Swimming fees are payable in advance. If you arrange for a monthly option, it is payable for 12 months of the year.
- A fine of R50-00 will be charged for late payments. Children will not be allowed to attend if fees are in arrears for two weeks or more without any arrangement. Registration and swimming fees are strictly payable on or before the first lesson.
- You are paying for a timeslot that is allocated. The fee is payable whether the client is attending lessons or not. No credit or reduction in fees will be granted for non-attendance due to illness or for any other reason.
- We are under no obligation to give credit or work in any extra or catch-up classes due to adverse weather, the swimmer being sick or on holiday or any other reason whatsoever. The decision regarding the cancellation of swimming classes due to adverse weather conditions etc. resides with the swimming coach or staff.
- No cheques will be accepted. Only cash payments, direct deposit's or EFT payments into the bank account will be accepted. When doing cash deposits, the transaction fee will be charged to your account on your next statement.
- Moot Swimming Academy reserve the right to increase the swimming fees annually.
- One calendar months’ notice must be given in writing to terminate the contract. Notice must reach us on or before the 1st of the notice month. Any day after the 1st will result in the next month serving as notice month. November will not be accepted as a notice month.
- The contract is ongoing and does not expire at the end of a month/term/year. Contract only terminates when a calendar month notice is given in writing.
- No refunds on fees paid in advance. Lessons will be offered instead.
In the event of your child not attending winter swimming, the following will apply:
- Parents must inform us in writing (e-mail) on or before the 1st of April.
- E.g. Child swim in April, stop May to August and resume in September. No swimming in May although May is payable as it is the “holding fee” to secure your child’s slot. Next fee payable will be on or before the 3rd of the commencing month (Aug/Sep).
- If you do not wish to accept these terms, you will give notice on or before 1st of April which will serve as your notice month and receive lessons till end of April. In this case re-registration fee will be charged once the child re-starts his/her lessons.
- When your child resume after winter, he/she might not have the same timeslot or be re-grouped according to ability and level.
Breach of Contract
Should the person liable for payment of the swimming fees fail to make any payments according to the conditions of this agreement they are in breach and should such a person fail to remedy such a breach within 7 (SEVEN) days after he/she received a written notice to do so, Moot Swimming Academy reserves the right to:
- Cancel the contract without further notice.
- The defaulting party shall be held responsible for all outstanding fees as well as any legal costs.
- Charge interest of 24% per annum calculated from the 1st of the month until the full amount outstanding has been paid.
- No swimming lessons on public and school holidays.
- Lessons run strictly in accordance with lesson times as agreed on by client and coach. If a child is late for a lesson, the lesson can unfortunately not be extended beyond the specified time.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to inform the Swimming Academy of any absenteeism and/or medical condition which the swimmer may have.
- In cases where your child forgot swimwear, we will provide at a cost of R20-00 and it will be added to your monthly statement.
- It is compulsory that registration forms are completed, signed and handed in prior to the start of the swimmers first lesson.
- We reserve the right to stop a swimming lesson if a child’s behaviour affects the lesson and the group negatively.
- Swimming caps are compulsory for all swimmers regardless of gender or age. Children must wear appropriate swimwear and have a towel. No bikini’s.
- We are making use of the D6 School Communicator for communication purposes. Ensure to download the app on your phone or PC. All individual correspondence will be done via email, WhatsApp or text messages. Ensure to always update your details.
- The owners and employees of Moot Swimming Academy will not be held responsible for any injury or loss of any kind on the premises.
I, the undersigned undertake to pay the swimming fees indicated. I accept and understand that all possible safety measures will be applied during lessons in the pool. I acknowledge that Moot Swimming Academy will not be held responsible for any claims, damages or loss due to the result of theft, injuries and/or death, claims and responsibilities based on the participation of water safety/swimming lessons and the use of the facilities. I request, and consent to the aforementioned minor child/ren being transported by MSA to and from the swimming venue by a representative/employee, who will be in possession of a valid driver’s license. I, in my personal capacity/in my capacity as parent/guardian of the minor child (delete which is n/a), and on behalf of the minor child, my/our executors, my/our heirs, my/our assigns and successors in title, hereby indemnify and hold harmless MSA and/or any representatives and/or employees and/or insurers, from any and all claims, demands, liability, loss or damage from any cause, which I/the minor child may suffer as a result of my/the minor child's participation in the swimming programme. This indemnity form is accepted/given without any obligation in my personal position as participant/father/mother/guardian. Hereby, I undersign and accept the content and conditions of this indemnity form and undertake to comply with them as well as the rules and regulations that I have received. Upon signature of this agreement and disclaimers the parties agree that they have read the contents of this agreement and that they understand it, and that they are legally and irrevocably bound to all the terms and conditions as set out in this agreement.
|Back||Back to top|